Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Progress.1: Rough Sketches

This week, I've gotten done the rough sketches of the three gods: Anubis, Osiris, and Thoth, and applied a rough color scheme.
I have also added the main shapes to the background. Withing these images, I'm going to include symbols and motifs that reflect Ancient Egypt while still trying to keep with the art nouveau style.

Anubis

Osiris

Thoth
I've gone against my original idea of putting them in the order you see them in the Egyptian Book of the Dead; Weighing of the Heart, t now they are in the underworld order of who "serves" who. 
Osiris is in the middle because he is the god of the dead. Anubis and Thoth flank him because in the scene I am using, they are the other main gods that are under him.

Anubis : Osiris : Thoth
With the final piece, I will create the pieces so they can either stand on their own or be put together in a Triptych form.

Since I have yet to put in the motifs and symbols, I will show a reference images that I have had on my computer for ages:



 All Egyptian references in motifs and designs, the credits go to an an 19th century arhitect names Owen Jones. If you want to learn more about him, check his wiki page.

No comments:

Post a Comment